Saturday, May 21, 2011

Red Rocks

Full day today in Boulder! We first had Gibson's baseball game...
Then went to Red Rocks for a hike....



Then went to a candy shop, out for dinner, and some shopping. (sorry no pictures of those...)
Hiking was so much fun! It was a nice easy and short hike, but such a great view once you get up there. There were also rocks to just boulder on too, which was great as well. Climbing with the kids was a lot of fun, and they knew exactly where to go for great pictures, and little caves to climb in. It was great. I defiantly got sunburned, you are so much closer to the sun here. Whoops. :) But it was still a great fun filled day. We came back after some shopping, where I found a old belt buckle that says Colorado on it, and watched a movie - 17 Again - and now it is not even 10pm, and I am in bed falling asleep. 
Tomorrow we have Luke's football game, and Gibson has a double header football game. So another great day in the sun. Then I head to Grand Junction on Monday!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nellie!

    I'm now officially a follower of your blog! =) Thanks for the updates. I'm glad you're having such a fun, welcoming experience so far. I laughed when I read you got sunburned ... only because I thought of the bridesmaid dress. Hahaha! Keep the news a comin'.

    Know that I'm praying for ya. God Bless you as you do His work.

    Love ya much,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete