Monday, May 23, 2011

IM HERE!

So, I made it this afternoon to Grand Junction! Somewhere around 1200 miles later.
It was an interesting drive from Boulder to Grand Junction. I went through mountains and canyons, at one point there were signs that red "Falling Rocks" "Avalanche Area" and "Runaway Truck Ramp", not too sure about the last one.... But anyways, a lot of steep hills, and making it through Vail after they just got a ton of snow, was an answer to prayer. It was a very pretty drive, I hit a good amount of rain, and some sleet, but all in all it was good.
So I went straight to church, where I met Brad the youth pastor and Andrew, or Bag is his nickname, the other intern. We took a tour of the church, then headed to the Duffy's who is the family I am staying with. Janie and John are the parents, and Bonnie who is 8, and Danny who is 7, and Banjo the dog. They seem to be a great family. I have a nice little room in the basement with my own bathroom which is nice.
After I moved everything in; Brad, Bag, and I went out to dinner. Then I just came back to the house the family had just finished dinner and the kids were playing outside. I talked with Mrs. Duffy for a while just to get to know her more, and she asked me a bunch of questions as well. She seems so great, and like a fun family. They are leaving for 5 days on Thursday, so I will have the place to myself and Banjo the dog of course. Banjo is such a cute dog, I will get a picture up soon. But I will say she is no Cali or Kaia, I do miss both of them lots. I eventually got unpacked and mostly everything situated in my new room.

Here are two pictures from my drive to Grand Junction- the first is the first mountain I saw with snow on the top, the second is the sleet storm I came up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment