Thursday, May 19, 2011

Boulder, Colorado

So today I left Laura's house and made it to Boulder, Colorado. It rained basically the whole way here... I even passed through a town that still had snow on the ground. Not really what I was expecting, but its Colorado isn't it.
I am staying in Boulder with family friends, the Siegert's. They used to live on the same block as my parents and I used to babysit their three kids; Lily, Luke and Gibson. They are so grown up now! It's crazy, but I have loved hanging out with them even though I have only been here for a few hours.

Phil, Luke, Gibson and I went out to eat tonight at Smash Burger. Lily is spending the night at a friends house, and Susan got home late from out of town. It was delicious, then we went to some soft service ice cream place, were you serve your self the ice cream and toppings, and its 40 cents an ounce. That was delicious as well. Then we came back home, played some XBox with the boys, then watched a movie. It is great to hang out with the kids, and that they are so grown up now. 
While at dinner, both Luke and Gibson kept coming up with all these different places they had to take me this week. The list was huge, it was so great to hear about everything they wanted me to go to. So it looks like I will have a fun packed rest of the week and weekend. Filled with rock climbing, hiking, Estes Park, Denver, Luke wants to go rafting. Who knows what will happen. 

I will be taking my last trek to Grand Junction on Monday, finally at my destination! I am sure I will update again before that. Hopefully get some pictures from Boulder up too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment