Monday, August 15, 2011

Mt. Garfield Hike

So Bag and I decided to check some things off our Colorado list on one of our days off. One of them was to climb Mt. Garfield. This thing......

Well one great thing about Mt. Garfield is that it is only a two mile hike up. But you gain 2,000 feet on that hike and 1,000 of it is in the first mile. Woof! 


Here is Bag on the first leg of the hike. 


We just climbed up that.... yes.... it was nuts!


There were so many boulders I wish I could have climbed. But most of them had a cliff on each side of it. 


The Mesa looked beautiful with the clouds behind it. 


 I love this picture because you can see the Mesa, town, and part of Mt. Garfield that you just climbed all in one. And I love the color differences- the dirt, the green farms, and the blue sky. 


Im only about 1/2 a mile into it, and about 1,000 feet up. I quit here... My heart wasn't liking the altitude too much, I felt like my heart was working way to much, and I figured Bag did not want to carry me back down. 


I signed the sheet at the beginning of the trail head on our way out, and in the comments I wrote "holy fart knocker batman!"


It was a crazy hike, and I'm mad I did not make it all the way to the top. But I figured my heart thanked me for it later. Now this will just be a good thing to come back to Colorado for and finish it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment