Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Great Escape

Last week we took a group of middle school kids to The Great Escape. If you know what CHIC is, then The Great Escape is kinda like that. A week of worship, a speaker, hanging out and having fun with the kids. This is a bit smaller, about 500 people in Gunnison, Colorado at Western Colorado State. We had 14 girls, 7 boys, with 3 female and 3 male leaders. It was a great time! I had so much fun with the kids that week. They are so great, and hilarious! To give you a bit of what I was dealing with, heres a story for you..... Robyn and Shaunalee both are married so the girls had them each tell their 'love story' of how they met their husband, how he proposed, their first kiss, all the way down to what kind of cake they had at their wedding. Well after they shared their story, I had to tell mine..... Well I'm not married obviously, so they made me make one up. HA! It was probably the best story I pulled out of my butt ever!  (If you would really like to know the story let me know, and maybe I will tell you hahaha)
Here are some pictures from the week. I did a horrible job at taking pictures during the week. So most of these are from us rock climbing, or rafting.  They are kinda out of order... sorry!

These are the awesome splash suits the rafting place had us wear.





 Rock climbing at Hartman Rocks.







Rafting. (yes.... I stole these from the rafting website.....)


No comments:

Post a Comment